Thursday, September 25, 2014

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea

It is funny to me that people enjoy or like or simply just tolerate my writing enough that they continue to read it. I'm mostly just a normal girl who likes to exaggerate things to make them funny and who from time to time can be rather witty. My friend definietly nailed it when she said my last post was like having a conversation with me. It's true and its a compliment because a lot of time my conversations are far crazier...please see spider conversations two posts ago. Those are sincere and honest conversations as they happened. I want to thank anyone who reads or continues to read the thoughts that I am able to put to paper. I'm a terrible speller and not that great of a writer...unless it's investigative reports or legal findings...now those I could write All. Day. Long. In my sleep even. Either way, thank you. 

I have a French phone number!!! So weird. I will also be considered a resident once I attend a meeting at some official office within the next three months. I guess if it hadn't felt real till now, these things should confirm it. 

Friday night before Paris was apparently revenge of the spiders. I've killed one giant one, a baby one on my desk and a baby one on my face/mouth. (Update: since writing this I have had two more giant spiders join me for the evening. I will no longer write about them because now I'm just pissed)

It is interesting standing waiting for the train to Paris. I'm excited because it's Paris and hello but at the same time I live here now...I can go to Paris whenever I want. That a a ton of other amazing cities within this country. 

Paris was beautiful. I mean breath taking. the architecture and history are amazing. I can't even begin to put it into words. But it's a busy tourist city like many others. I wasn't overly impressed with that part. We went during a sort of celebration and they open up different places for people to visit, ones that are not normally open to the public. We went to the Picasso museum which was totally disappointing because none of his art was there. We also went to the city hall. I have to say I am so so jealous of the people who get to work there. The building was stunning. Everything about it was stunning. That is where a majority of the pictures below came from. We also got to see the mayor's office. She has a view of Notre Dame out her office window! It was amazing. We had lunch and walked the Champs-Élysées. We saw the Arc de Triomphe, the presidents house, the Eiffel Tower from afar and some other sites. I spent my first money since I've been here. We sat at a cafe had two cokes, a bottle of water and sorbet which cost 30 euros. The entire thing was great. I also attempted to understand the train and metro system which is totally nuts. Below are the pictures I took of that day! I found several stores that we also have in America in Paris...gap, H&M, sephora. All things that can easily get me through my time here. I also found out about a store called BHV I think? It's like a department store here that sells everything apparently. While in Paris we also went by the Louve and saw the church where Tony Parker married Eva Longoria and saw the fountain where Andy throws her cell phone at the end of The Devil Wears Prada. Ps there are pics of all these below. I also found out am artist that has always impressed and intrigued me will be having an exhibit in Paris. Hokusai is the last name of a Japanese artist who I think is so impressive. I'll go back sometime this fall to check that out.

I'm still in school. Nothing much has happened as of recently. I am going to the next town over this weekend to study, wait till I post those pics. That town is beautiful as well. My mother sent me a package is was so appreciated. The children are much the same. The little one hates me, the big one is a smartass. But what can you do? Somethings also really suck...like missing time with my family. I've now missed my brother and dads birthdays, but this is just part of this process. I still am I'm such appreciation of how I can keep in touch with everyone so much. I guess this is it for now. I will make an effort to write another post sooner this time.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading you blog. It makes me feel close to my babycakes. Always anticipate the next one. I love you to the moon and back!!!!

    ReplyDelete